“Want to go to the Super Bowl?” – my mom called me last week with this question and without hesitant, of course, I answered “yes!” My family’s team is the Ravens and we got lucky in the season ticket holder lottery. The single most celebrated day in sports all year round, for me the Super Bowl has always been a time to celebrate time with friends and family while devouring great food. This year as I get excited to go take in the experience live for the first time, it made me think of a few of my all-time favorite Super Bowl Sunday pastimes.
Super Bowl Food
First and foremost, the food. No matter if it’s my team playing or not, my favorite part of Super Bowl Sunday has always been the food. Favorite food of Super Bowl Sunday, crap dip of course. I’m a Baltimore fan after all. Simple, delicious and addicting….here is great recipe from www.food.com for you to follow for this Sunday:
Maryland Crap Dip for Super Bowl Sunday
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh onions
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 lb lump crabmeat, shells removed ( I’ve substituted 2 cans of canned crab meat as well)
- paprika or Old Bay Seasoning
- Mix together sour cream, lemon juice, onion, Worcestershire, dry mustard, garlic powder, and cream cheese.
- I use a hand mixer to get it blended really well.
- Fold in cheddar cheese and crabmeat.
- Spoon mixture into casserole dish and sprinkle with paprika or Old Bay Seasoning.
- Bake at 325°F for 30 minutes, or until heated through.
- Serve with tortilla chips, crackers, toast points, or my Maryland family’s favorite– Bugles!
Super Bowl Games
Second most favorite part of Super Bowl Sunday, the games during the game. Since most of the time you can bet on your team not being in the big game, it’s nice to keep your attention going with a fun Super Bowl Betting Squares game, trivia or a few other ideas the folks at party411.com have put together for us. Check them out here: Super Bowl Games
Finally, there’s always the hype of Super Bowl commercials. What’s going to be showcased this year? You can check out YouTube for pre-game releases of some of the most anticipated commercials for the big game. The bleacherreport.com has put together a great top 5 of the Super Bowl ads they’re most excited about…check them out here: Top 5 Super Bowl Ads for 2013
Are you ready for some football? A Sunday night party? Hope you are now. Go Ravens!